Boris Johnson is a British politician, writer and journalist who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party from 2019 to 2022.
|NET WORTH: $2 Million|
|Billionaire or Millionaire?||Millionaire|
|Source of Wealth:||Politics|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Born:||19 June 1964|
BORIS JOHNSON EARLY LIFE
Born in New York City in 1964, Johnson was educated at Eton College and Oxford University. After a brief stint as a journalist, he entered politics in the late 1990s, serving as a member of Parliament for the Conservative Party.
Johnson quickly gained a reputation as a charismatic and sometimes controversial figure, known for his unconventional style and his willingness to speak his mind.
BORIS JOHNSON NET WORTH
It is reported that Boris owns a property in Islington, North London, which he reportedly bought with his wife in 1999 and it is said to be worth around £1.2 million.
Additionally, in 2020 it was reported that Johnson had taken out a mortgage on a property in the countryside in the Cotswolds, which is estimated to be worth around £1.3 million.
Said to be a former rectory and was reportedly purchased by Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds.
Currently, Boris Johnson is thought to have a net worth of close to $2 Million.
BORIS JOHNSON CAREER
In 2008, Johnson was elected as the Mayor of London, serving in that role until 2016.
During his time as mayor, Johnson was known for his efforts to promote economic growth and to improve transportation infrastructure in the city.
He was also a vocal advocate for London’s cultural institutions, including its museums and theaters.
In 2016, Johnson became one of the leading figures in the campaign to leave the European Union, or “Brexit.”
His energetic campaigning and populist appeal helped to galvanize support for the “Leave” side, which ultimately won the referendum by a narrow margin.
After Theresa May resigned as Prime Minister in 2019, Johnson was elected as the leader of the Conservative Party and became Prime Minister.
He has faced numerous challenges during his time in office, including the ongoing Brexit negotiations, the COVID-19 pandemic, and a strained relationship with other world leaders.
Despite these challenges, Johnson has remained a popular figure among many British voters, who are drawn to his charisma and his promise to deliver on Brexit.
He has also been praised for his efforts to promote economic growth and to increase government spending on public services like healthcare and education.
BORIS JOHNSON FAMILY
Boris Johnson has a large and complex family, with several marriages and children from multiple relationships.
Marina Wheeler is Johnson’s ex-wife, whom he married in 1993 and divorced in 2020
Carrie Symonds is Johnson’s current partner, whom he began dating in 2018.
Symonds is a former Conservative Party communications director and is currently a senior adviser to an ocean conservation charity. She gave birth to Johnson’s fifth child, Wilfred, in 2020.
Stanley Johnson is Boris Johnson’s father, who is a former Conservative MEP and environmental campaigner who has written several books and is a regular commentator in the media.
Rachel Johnson is Boris Johnson’s sister, who is a journalist, television presenter, and author. Rachel Johnson has written several novels and non-fiction books, and has appeared on several reality TV shows.
Jo Johnson is Boris Johnson’s younger brother, who is also a Conservative politician who served as a Member of Parliament and as a minister in his brother’s government, before resigning in 2019 over differences with his brother’s Brexit policy.
Charlotte Johnson Wahlm, Boris Johnson’s mother, was a painter and member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters. Johnson Wahl passed away in 2021.
Here are some famous quotes from Boris Johnson:
- “I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as of being decapitated by a frisbee or of finding Elvis.”
- “My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters.”
- “I would rather be dead in a ditch than ask the EU for another delay.”
- “It is time to end this national mourning and to lift our eyes to the horizon.”
- “I am a one-nation Tory, a conservative and a believer in getting on with it.”
- “I believe in the inherent decency of the British people.”
- “We have a fantastic opportunity to not just speak up for free markets and free trade, but to embody it.”
- “It is often said that I have said things I have not said.”
- “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it.”
- “I cannot in all conscience recommend leaving the EU.”
- “There is only one way to get the change we need, and that is to vote for it.”
- “It is a truth universally acknowledged that the moment one area of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.”
- “Brexit means Brexit, and we’re going to make a success of it.”
- “My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive.”
- “I’m sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that”
Overall, Boris Johnson’s career in politics has been defined by his ability to connect with voters and to deliver on his promises.
While he has faced criticism from some quarters for his unorthodox style and his controversial comments, many see him as a refreshing change from more conventional politicians.
As he continues to navigate the challenges of leading the UK, it remains to be seen what the future holds for this colorful and enigmatic figure.
Thank you for reading this article on the Boris Johnson Net Worth
If you enjoyed it and want to see more content like this, please be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
I post new videos every week and would love to have you as a part of my community.
By subscribing, you’ll be the first to know when I release new videos and you’ll never miss a thing. So don’t hesitate, hit the subscribe button and thanks again for your support!